Nov 13, 2015, 9:22 AM EDT
This Monogram Club Past President Profile features Harvey Brown (’24, football), the Club’s sixth president. Brown served as Monogram Club president from 1922-23.
In honor of the Monogram Club’s 100th anniversary we will take a look at each of the Club’s former presidents with our Past President Profile.
Harvey Brown (’24, football)
– Hailed from Youngstown, Ohio where he graduated from South High School.
– Played for Notre Dame from 1921-23 … the program went a combined 27-3-1 those three seasons.
– Reserve left guard in 1921 for a team that went 10-1-0.
– Staring left guard in 1922 as Notre Dame posted an 8-1-1 mark.
– Captain and starting left guard in 1923 and helped the Irish go 9-1-0.
– Earned All-America honors in 1923.
– Wore #24 at Notre Dame.
– Served as Monogram Club president from 1922-23.
– Following graduation from Notre Dame, he attended St. Louis Medical School and completed an internship at Providence Hospital in Detroit in 1928. He then became a practicing surgeon.
– He passed away in 1957.