Nov 14, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Region 12 Monogram Winners,
Here are a few updates on upcoming Notre Dame athletics events in our region, as well as some information about Monogram Club dues, as the end of the year quickly approaches!
Men’s Soccer in ACC Semifinal Round:
In their first year as part of the Atlantic Coast Conference, the Men’s Soccer team rose to a #1 national ranking and now find themselves in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament. Come join your fellow Notre Dame fans this Friday night at Maureen Hendricks Field in Germantown, Md. to cheer on the Fighting Irish as they take on the Cavaliers of Virginia. Game time is 5:30. For more details, see the accompanying flyer. The championship game will be held on Sunday at 2 should the Irish be victorious this Friday.
Men’s Basketball vs Maryland Terrapins in January – SAVE-THE-DATE: The #21/#22 ranked men’s basketball team plays Maryland on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at the University of Maryland/College Park Comcast Center. Tip off is 7 PM ET. This is Maryland’s last year as part of the ACC so this may be our final opportunity to catch the men’s team at the University of Maryland. The Monogram Club and the Notre Dame Club of Maryland will be buying a block of tickets and hosting a happy hour/networking event prior to the game. The location of the pre-game event is TBD. Game tickets are $60 each. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can have a head count for the number of tickets to buy.
Women’s Basketball vs Maryland Terrapins in January – SAVE-THE-DATE: The #6 ranked women’s basketball team plays Maryland on Monday, Jan. 27 at the University of Maryland/College Park Comcast Center. Tip off is 7 PM ET. This is Maryland’s last year as part of the ACC so this may be our final opportunity to catch the women’s team in our area. The Monogram Club, the Notre Dame Club of Maryland, and ND Women Connect bought a block of tickets and is hosting a happy hour/networking event prior to the game. The location of the pre-game event is TBD. Game tickets are $15 each (Section 126). Please RSVP to email@example.com. Tickets to the game are limited. We can accommodate all at the pre-game event, but, if our block of tickets sells out, those not included will have to buy individual tickets through the Maryland ticket office.
Monogram Club Membership – Consider this a friendly reminder to pay your annual dues before year-end. Payments can be made online by going to the Monogram Club website and clicking on the “Pay Dues” link in the upper left-hand corner of the page. Click HERE to be redirected to the Monogram Club website.
The Monogram Club of today is composed of over 4,000 dues-paying members who have met the University requirements and are awarded the interlocking block ND jacket and privileges. The Monogram Club also awards honorary membership.
Privileges Received – Yearly dues entitle Monogram Club members to the benefits listed below. For more information on any of the dues-paying member benefits, please contact the Monogram Club office at 574-631-5450.
• Ticket application for home and away football games. Full dues must be received by December 31, 2013 to qualify for a 2014 football ticket application.
• Admission for you and up to five guests to Monogram Club receptions before all home football games in the Monogram Room.
• Access to the Club’s post-game Masses held 30 minutes after every home football game
• Free admission to the Club’s Annual Mass and Dinner during Blue-Gold weekend
• Invitation to Monogram Club regional events
• Inside Irish (monthly e-newsletter)
• Access to the Brennan-Boland-Riehle Scholarship Fund for children of dues-paying Monogram Club members who attend the University of Notre Dame. Click here for more information on the BBR Scholarship.
• Invitation to the Riehle Open and summer party
• Free admission for you and your immediate family (with membership card) to the following ticketed Olympic Sports: m/w soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball and m/w lacrosse – Simply present your membership card at the respective box office. (Includes general admission, regular season home games, limited by venue capacity; excludes post-season competition and special events.)
• Receive the ND faculty/staff discount for rounds of golf at the Warren Golf Course and off non-sale items in the Warren Pro Shop (with current Monogram Club membership card) – Monogram Club members also receive an exclusive 20% discount in the Warren’s online store. Call (574) 631-4653 for more information.
The Notre Dame Athletics Department is proud to permanently display the names of all Monogram winners in Heritage Hall’s “Ring of Names” at the Joyce Center.
I look forward to seeing many of you at the upcoming events scheduled in Region 12. As always, I welcome feedback and comments on any and all issues. If you would like to get involved in Monogram Club activities, please contact me (e-mail address is below).
Brent Weiss (’05, baseball)
Monogram Club Region 12 Representative
Notre Dame Club of Maryland MC Rep